If there’s one thing that you can never go wrong with, it is custom sugar cookies. From cartoon characters to festive designs, there are numerous ways you can decorate cookies using icing and sprinkles. Are you wondering how to bake the perfect cookies for yourself or your customers? Well, you’ve reached the right place. Read on to learn how to make crisp and delicious cookies like a pro.
Your Recipe For Custom Sugar Cookies:
Whether you have baked normal cookies before or not, making these special cookies can be a different journey altogether. They are properly baked, crisper, and covered with icing to make them perfect for almost every special occasion.
Here is how you can make cookies that will win everyone’s heart:
What do you need:
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, softly beaten
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 and ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Food colouring of your choice (optional)
How to make it:
- Take a large bowl and add butter and sugar to it. Beat it well until it blends. Add egg and vanilla and whisk it into the mixture.
- In another bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the mixture into the flour and beat until you get a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough into plastic wrap and then refrigerate it for one hour or leave it overnight.
- Take out the chilled dough from your fridge and place it on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to a thickness of ¼ inch or 1 cm. Keep turning the dough repeatedly to ensure it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Using cookie cutters, you can cut out different shapes from the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place the rack in the center. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After preheating the oven, you can transfer the cut-out cookies to the baking sheet you have prepared.
- Make sure the cookies are not soft. If they are, you can place them along with the baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to chill them and prevent them from losing their shape.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they turn around the edges.
- Take out the cookies from the oven and let them rest on the baking sheet. Transfer the cookies on the wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting, beat egg white and lemon sugar into a bowl. Add powdered sugar and mix it until it becomes smooth. You can also add food colouring of your choice.
- Cover the cookies with the frosting and store them in air-tight containers.
When it comes to making custom-designed cookies, the options are endless. You can create anything from flowers to fruits, from animals to desserts, and even abstract shapes. If you want to get creative and make something amazing yet customized for your clients, it is time to bake some cookies. Use this easy recipe, work your magic, and make delicious cookies that melt right in the mouth!